}  

x Ignatz Jitzchak PORGES (b. 1874 Dunaszerdahely, d. 1928 Scenz)
          married Chaja Pessel Josefin Pepi SCHWARTZ (b. 1882 Magensdorf, d. 1940 Scenz)

x Dezso David PORGES (b. 18 Oct. 1906 Scenz, d. 29 Oct. 1996 Sdeh Warburg, Israel)
        married Maria Malka ARNFELD (b. 1910 Scenz, d. Holocaust 18 June 1944 Auschwitz)

x Livia PORGES (b. 1936, d. Holocaust 18 June 1944 Auschwitz)

 Dezso David PORGES remarried Lilly GOLDSTEIN (d. 1996 Sdeh Warburg, Israel)

x Meir PORGES married Rivka x(?)

x Tom Moshe PORGES m. x(?), has a son
x Ben PORGES
x David PORGES

x Bezsi Bella PORGES (b. 4 July 1911 Scenz, d. 14 Dec 2004 Tel Aviv)
        married Raphel-Meir (Rezsjo Hartenstein) HAR-TUV (b. 1904 Nove Zamky, d. Oct 1982 Tel Aviv)

x Chana HARTUV married Ezra BEN-KOHAV

x Hagit BEN-KOHAV (b. 12 Sep. 1959, d. 23 Aug. 1983)
x Avital BEN-KOHAV married Sami ISRAEL
        Children : Elad, Shavel, Shilat, Yechiel-Ilay & Maayan
x Yifat BEN-KOHAV married Abraham ZILBERMANN
        Children: Hillel, Yochay & Avigail
 Uriya BEN-KOHAV married Hagit MAMO
        Children: Beeri, Malachi, Reyee

, Tzuri Shlomo Aharon
 Itzchak HAR-TUV married Esther HAHAMOV
        Sons: Avishay HAR-TUV (b. 1974), Uriel HAR-TUV (b. 1977), Elad HAR-TUV (b. 1980) (eladht@gmail.com)

 Eli HAR-TUV (elihar at zahav.net.il) married Ruth FRIEDMAN

 Ariel HAR-TUV married Devora WIENREB.
        Children: Aviad, Naama, Yishay & Itamar
 Avner HAR-TUV married Smadar AVRAHAMI
        Children: Shani, Tamar, Shillo, Gilad, Binyamin
 Shulamit HAR-TUV married Pinhas (Asi) BLANK.
        Children: Raphel-Meir, Sarra-Bracha, Yedidya, Yehuda, Naomi
 Irene PORGES (b. 16 Sep. 1920, d. 18 Mar. 1999 Tel Aviv)
          married (1949) Philip Max Shraga Meir TISSER (b. 1919 Vienna, d. 27 May 2000 Tel Aviv).

 Dafna TISSER married Shlomo LESHEM.

 Eran LESHEM,
 Yodfat LESHEM,
 Arnon LESHEM married (23 Feb. 2005) Eliseva QUITT.

Sources :
Rabbi Simeon OPPENHEIM family tree, http://www.loebtree.com/oppsim.html
Elad HarTuv (Israël, 2007)

top

Photo Album


Ignaz Porges

<- Chaya Pessel Porges ->

Elizabbet Beji (Bella) and Raffael (Rejo) at their wedding in 1936

in 1939

@ their 1st home in Tel-Aviv,
Dizengoff St.

<-  In their second and last home
           in Tel-Aviv, Ben-Yehuda St.     ->

Beji

Beji. @ work (CERAMUS ceramics factory)



Beji

1939. Grandfa Raffael and his first daughter - Chana

Iren - Beji's sister with Beji's children - Chana,Itshak,Eli

Beji, Refael with their sons at a wedding

Oct. 1963, Beji and Raffael in Tel-Aviv in front of hotel by the sea

Beji and Raffael

Beji

1995 - Beji at Shulamit's wedding

Dejo and Lily, his second wife

Iren and Phillip at their wedding

Purim 1980, I think this is the one and only picture of my grandma and ALL her grandsons.
You can see Raffael O.B.M two years before he died, and Hagit Ben-Cochav O.B.M in left at the age of 20.
The small baby in the middle, between Ifat and Ariel, is me ( Elad HarTuv )


Source : Elad HarTuv (2007)

 

If a stranger wants to know where Dunaszerdahely can be found, it is not easy to give an unambiguous answer to a person thinking in nationwide or even in European dimensions. We have to relate... For example: if we show the interested Mapperson the Pozsony /Pressburg, Bratislava/ - Komarom line and then the Pozsony-Budapest line and we also inform him/her that our town is on the halfway between Gyor /Raab/ and Pozsony, near the left bank of the Danube, then we explain Dunaszerdahely’s position in European dimensions. After that it is easy to locate the town in respect of European cities. It is necessary to know about Dunaszerdahely that its existence is first recorded in a document from 1256. Regarding its regional location, it is built in the middle Csallokoz. If we look at the map of the Carpathian Basin we can see that Dunaszerdahely arose in Kisalfold. Kisalfod stretches up to the northern side of the Danube. The territory of the region starts from the promontories of the Bakony Mountains and spreads to the Tribec Mountains touching Nyitra, while it includes the both geographically and climaticly identical Csallokoz and Szigetkoz.The history of the town

 

The oratory of Israelites was built at the end of the 1860s. Its western side was divided by three gates, two galleries were available for women, its floor was made of marble and its windows were made with colour glass inlay. In 1945 it was hit by a bomb. At the same time a similar end befell the Adasz Jiszrael Synagogue in Nemesszeg built in 1927, in the time of “great dispute”. Though the latter was renewed after the war, due to the fact that even the fraction of the Jews who returned from the war left the town later on and due to neglect of buildings both synagogues got dilapidated and between 1950-53 /the sources differ about this date/ the synagogues were pulled down. Today only the memorial unveiled on 23 October 1991 commemorates the former Jewish quarter and the almost three thousand Jews of the town and its neighborhood, who became victims of the terrors of war.

    Dunajska Streda /Dunaszerdahely/ is an ancient settlement, a regional seat lying in the heart of Csallokoz /Corn Island/; its history has always been closely connected with the whole history of Csallokoz.
The present-day town was formed by the union of four once separate localities lying closely near each other: the original first Szerdahely, then Ujfalu, Nemesszeg and Elotejed - according to the cronicle these were united in 1874 and got the name The Agricultural Town of Dunaszerdahely. The name of the town then occured in the following forms: Svridahely in 1254-55, Zeredahel in 1270, Zerdahel in 1283, Zredahel in 1358, Szerdahel in 1786, and Dunajska Streda since 1920. Szerdahely’s name origins from its first privilege, which is that on Wednesdays markets could be and were held here. Later the day of the weekly markets was moved to Fridays. The Roman Catholic church of the town is first mentioned in 1341 in one of our sources. The Evangelical church was built in 1883. The synagogue was one of the largest Jewish oratories in Csallokoz; it was built in 1870 in the Main Street of the town; it was damaged by a bomb in 1945 and in 1951 it was pulled down. Even, according to the above mentioned census from 1646 there was a school in Szerdahely. It was a parochial elementary school with one class in the neighbourhood of the Catholic church and the parsonage; in 1931 the teaching was forbidden there for hygienic reasons. The Jewish elementary school was founded in the 18th century and it was abolished in 1944. Leopold Goldstein was the founder of the town’s first printing house, which functioned until 1938. In 1922 Izsak Rimstein’s printing house was founded and in 1933 a third one, David Weinberger’s; both functioned until 1939.

http://www.dunajinfo.sk/dunajskastreda/en/Default.asp

_____________________

Dunajská Streda (Hungarian: Dunaszerdahely; German: Niedermarkt) is a town in southern Slovakia (Trnavský kraj). Dunajská Streda is the most important town of the Žitný ostrov (Csallóköz) region. It has a Hungarian ethnic majority and it's population is 23,562 (2004 census)

Name
The name of Zerda was first mentioned in 1250 in a document issued by Palatinus Lórant. Other early orthographic forms of the name were Svridahel (1254), Zeredahely (1270), Zerdahel (1283) and Zredahel (1358). Szerdahely means "Wednesday (market)place" in Hungarian and it indicates the town had the privilege to hold a market on Wednesdays (although it was later changed to Fridays). The attribute Duna- (Dunajská; i.e. Danubian) was added in the 19th century. The modern Slovak name means the same as the Hungarian (streda means Wednesday in Slovak). The German name Niedermarkt means "Lower Market".

The population of the town has been predominantly Hungarian at least since the late Middle Ages. The town was under the feudal jurisdiction of the Pálffy family between 1600 and 1848. Many Jews came in the 18th century. In 1880 the town had 4182 inhabitants out of which were 3,531 Hungarian and 416 German by mother tongue. The number of the Jewish population was 1,874.
In 1930, the town had 5,706 inhabitants, including 2,944 Hungarians, 2,186 Jews (mostly Hungarian-speaking) and 503 Slovaks.
In 1919 it became part of Czechoslovakia. It became part of Hungary again in the First Vienna Award in 1938, but was returned to Czechoslovakia in 1945 after World War II. In 1947-48 part of the population was forced to emigrate to Hungary according to the Hungarian-Czechoslovakian population exchange agreement.

Today, it is one of the centres of the Hungarian national minority in Slovakia. According to the 2001 census, 18,756 Hungarians, 3,588 Slovaks, 353 Roma people, 147 Czechs and 24 Germans live in the city. Over 80% of the population are ethnic Hungarians, the highest proportion of any municipality in the country. It is the fastest growing city of Southern Slovakia.

Source : Wikipedia

top